- Joint alignment and mobility.
- Length and strength of muscles across these joints
- Coordination of movement patterns of joints and muscles in functional patterns.
The goal of manual physical therapy is to restore the affected tissues to normal function and is combined with exercise programs to promote:
- Healthy and efficient joint motion
- Maximal muscle strength and endurance
- Coordination of movement with activities associated with daily living, sports, and work
What Manual Therapy services do our professionals provide?
- Joint Mobilizations of the Spine And Extremities
- Soft Tissue Mobilization / Myofacial Release
- Manually Resisted Exercise Techniques
- Cross-Friction Massage
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Neuromuscular Re-Education
- Other Diagnosis Specific Techniques
To maximize the benefit of manual therapy, a therapeutic, exercise program and modalities may be incorporated into the treatment plan. Additionally, when appropriate, a custom home exercise program will be developed and taught. Exercise programs and modalities are used to reinforce the “hands-on” work performed by your therapist. Home exercise programs also provide patients an opportunity to maintain and even improve upon functional gains achieved with physical therapy.